The NSU Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing participates in the centralized applications service called NursingCAS. NursingCAS is used for document verification, but does not take part in the student selection. You can obtain the NursingCAS application
The deadline to complete and submit the NursingCAS and the NSU applications for Fall admission will be August 1st and for Winter admission the deadline is December 9th. The Office of Admissions works on a rolling basis. Applications are accepted year-round.
- Sending supporting documents to NursingCAS.
All official college transcripts from undergraduate, graduate, and professional institutions attended must be sent to NursingCAS directly from the institutions attended.
Send all transcripts to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, Massachusetts, 02471
Coursework taken at foreign institutions must be evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization such as one of the services listed below.
World Education Services
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, New York 10274-5087
Josef Silny and Associates
(305) 273-1338 fax
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203-3470
It is the applicant's responsibility to have this coursework evaluated. An official course-by- course evaluation with a cumulative grade point average must be sent directly from the evaluation service.
- Two evaluations/references must be completed by individuals other than relatives (suggested sources are professors, academic advisers, clinical or nonclinical supervisors or community associates) and sent directly to NursingCAS.
- Submit a writing sample (use APA 6th edition formatting, including headings for each section) directly to NursingCAS. Include the following information in your statement:
Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Discuss Your Professional and Personal Goals Related to the DNP
- Discuss a Problem or Issue you see in your Professional Practice today that needs to be addressed from a DNP Perspective
2. Once the NursingCAS application is completed, an applicant needs to complete a NSU application, which is available online.
3. Upload official documentation of all supervised, post baccalaureate practice hours from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited school to your NSU Application.
- Documentation must be from the program director of the previous post baccalaureate program and include the following information on university letterhead:
- applicant's full name
- university name and department
- contact information for follow up, if necessary
- program director's signature
- date and title of degree earned
- specialization earned and total number of preceptor-verified clinical experience hours